Using Your Dental Insurance in Bedford
Having dental insurance is like having a benefits card you can use for the dental services you and your loved ones need to maintain healthy, happy smiles for life. It’s a very valuable investment in your oral health -- and we here at Hendricksen Cosmetic & Family Dentistry are happy to help you make the most out of your benefits! Keep reading to learn more about how dental insurance works, and how we work hand-in-hand with you to help you maximize your investment.
How Does Dental Insurance Work?
Patients of all ages can benefit from dental insurance coverage. It works pretty simply: you or your employer pay for your dental insurance each month and, in exchange for this regular payment, you are eligible to receive a list of services for free or heavily reduced by your insurance provider. Premiums usually hover around $50 for an individual and $150 for a family, and annual maximums can be as much as $1,500 per year. Most dental insurance plans are set on a calendar year and unused benefits do not rollover, so it is important to make the most out of your coverage annually.
Some Key Dental Insurance Terms
There are some particular terms that are important to understand as you work to use your dental insurance. These include:
- Premium: The monthly payment that makes you eligible for dental insurance
- Benefits: The discounts on services you can receive as outlined by your insurance plan
- Annual maximum: The highest amount of money insurance will pay for your care
- In-network dentist: Someone who has signed a contract to provide services at a certain fixed price
- Out-of-network dentist: A dentist who has not come to an agreement with the insurance provider and is not required to offer discounts on services rendered
- Out-of-pocket expense: The amount of money you must pay for any given treatment with dental insurance
What Does Dental Insurance Cover?
The particulars of your insurance plan will depend on a few factors that are decided upon at the time of enrollment, but in general, you can expect your coverage to work like this:
- Preventive care is 100% covered, including checkups and cleanings and X-rays
- Restorative care is covered between 80% and 50%, depending on the complexity of the procedure being rendered
- Periodontal therapy receives partial coverage
- Orthodontics are partially covered as well, including Invisalign
- Elective procedures and cosmetic dentistry are usually not eligible for coverage
We Are In-Network with Anthem and Delta Dental
Hendricksen Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is pleased to be in-network with Anthem and Delta Dental insurance plans. These are popular options for our patients, so we are also well-versed in the particulars of these providers and are ready to help you make the most out of your benefits! It’s easy to use dental insurance when you visit your dentist in Bedford.
Start Saving Today!
If you are looking for an Anthem or Delta Dental provider in Bedford, we invite you to get in touch with our office ASAP. We will help you use your benefits to the maximum each year. Go ahead and request an appointment today!